Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just when you say no more...

I get moody, I get fed up, I say "...no more..."  I will never paint again, I have no energy...I cannot face the challenge of a blank piece of paper and pretty colors after a day in corporate America.  No more.  I want to be normal and watch reruns of Gilmore Girls and Sex in the City and eat Cheetos (I love Cheetos and not the baked ones, thank you very much) when I get home.  Screw the artwork.  Then I get into an exhibit.

The exhibit is opening on April 24 in the Garden House Gallery in Leu Gardens, downtown Orlando. Watercolors in a botanical theme is the work that will be shown.  My painting, "Wild Oranges" was accepted in the show.  I found these little citrus globes of color on  back dirt road in Volusia County, Florida -- I wondered how they got there and how long ago they had been planted...

Come to the opening on 4/24 at Leu Gardens from 5:30 to 7:30 pm if you  live in the area -- would love to meet you-- it's all about the audience and that keeps me working!


"Wild Oranges"
Watercolor
Krys Pettit

No comments:

Post a Comment